Everyone who is currently in search of a fellowship opportunity is hereby invited to apply for the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students 2023. This fellowship has a very high budget for international students.
The Objective of the Scholarship
The goal of PFs is to advance the careers of researchers and promote superior research. The Postdoctoral Fellowships activity focuses on PhD-level academics who want to conduct their research overseas, learn new skills, and advance their careers. PFs assist researchers in gaining exposure to various cultures, academic fields, and non-academic industries.
Types of Postdoctoral Fellowship
There are two types of Postdoctoral Fellowships available:
European Postdoctoral Fellowships
These fellowships are open to researchers who wish to pursue their research career either within Europe or by moving to Europe from another part of the world. The duration of these fellowships can range from 1 to 2 years, and they are offered in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country. Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
Global Postdoctoral Fellowships
These fellowships support the mobility of researchers outside Europe. The fellowship period spans from 2 to 3 years, with the initial 1 to 2 years spent in a non-associated Third Country.
Subsequently, there is a mandatory return phase of 1 year, during which the researchers are required to be affiliated with an organization based in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country. Only individuals who are nationals or long-term residents of the EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries are eligible to apply.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships cover:
- A living allowance
- A mobility allowance
- If applicable, allowances for family, long-term leave, and special needs
Furthermore, funding is provided for:
- Research, training, and networking activities
- Management and indirect costs
Researchers who are interested in applying for Postdoctoral Fellowships must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They can be of any nationality and should hold a PhD degree at the time of the application deadline. Candidates who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but have not yet received the formal award of the degree are also considered eligible.
- They must have a maximum of eight years of research experience, starting from the date of their PhD degree award. Experience gained outside of research or career breaks will not be counted towards this maximum. Additionally, research experience in third countries will not be considered for individuals who are nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries and wish to reintegrate into Europe.
- They should adhere to mobility rules, which means they should not have resided or engaged in their primary activities (such as work or studies) in the beneficiary country (for European Postdoctoral Fellowships) or the host organization for the outgoing phase (for Global Postdoctoral Fellowships) for more than 12 months within the 36 months immediately preceding the call deadline.
How to Apply for Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students 2023
To apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowships, you will need to take the following steps:
- Collaborate with your chosen host organization to develop the application jointly.
- Submit your application to an open funding call that is published on the Funding and Tender Opportunities Portal.
To find a suitable host organization, you can utilize the following strategies:
- Tap into your professional network as it can be an invaluable resource for identifying potential host organizations.
- Explore the list of hosting offers, also known as expressions of interest, published on platforms such as Euraxess and other job portals associated with research institutions. These offers showcase the research areas in which host organizations are interested in supporting applications.
- Often, these offers are specific to particular research fields and proposed by the host organization. You may also have the opportunity to connect with a supervisor who can assist you in developing your application.
- It is crucial to carefully review the requirements of each offer to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
Timeline for Application
- 12 April 2023: Launch of the call for proposals
- 13 September 2023: Deadline for submitting proposals
- February 2024: Notification of call results to applicants (TBC)
- June 2024: Grant agreement signature for successful projects (TBC)
- June 2024: First EU-funded projects start (TBC)
For more information, visit their website marie-sklodowska
Check These Out
- BRAC University Needs Based Scholarships 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- Top 7 Easy Scholarships to Apply for in July- Dec 2023
- Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- University of Adelaide Research Scholarship 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW!